Pages

12/26/2010

Papertrey December Blog Hop Challenge

Happy Sunday after Christmas! It's over again and I have to admit I am glad about it. It was just exhausting, I really hope you all enjoyed it and that you had a wonderful time!
But now it is time for another:


Here is this month's challenge:

Holiday Leftovers

It's that time again for our annual holiday leftovers challenge! Use scraps of wrapping paper, parts of
holiday cards, recycle gift tags or bits of ribbon on a paper crafting project. We all have plenty of it
laying around after all the holiday excitement and this is your chance to incorporate some of those pretty
little things into an amazing piece of art!


Luckily I got a gift wrapped with some gorgeous organza ribbon and was able to create this:


That rose is made from this ribbon:



You'll find a list of all participants on Nichole's blog here. Have a wonderful time hopping and thanks for stopping by!!!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Supplies:
(everything Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted)
Cardstock: cream
Stamps: Embellishments Set, Giga Guidelines Set, Mat Stack 1 Set
Ink: Tuxedo Black, Bamboo Leaves (Tsukineko)
Dies: Mat Stack 1, Embellishments, Delightful Dahlia
Embossing Plate: Tin Types
Pearls: cream (Kaiserkraft)
Other: green felt (unknown)

41 comments:

  1. Elegant and classic! I love the flower you made from the ribbon and the green felt leaves are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Vanessa! I love your beautiful, organza flower and fun felt leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you used the ribbon. That's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Such a great idea to use the ribbon for the flower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the organza rose--just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo elegant and sooo beautiful!! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. STUNNING! LOVE the colors! LOVE that it's a wedding card! LOVE LOVE LOVE that organza flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is gorgeous. And the rose is beautiful. Love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an elegant card Vanessa and I love your organza flower.
    Hugs
    and Happy Christmas
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely! The green and white color combo is so fresh! That ribbon sure beats getting one of those stick-on bows :)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a nice fresh looking green and white combo. The flower ribbon/bow is so stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. che bella card! mi piace l'idea del riciclo!
    grazie di essere passata dal mio blog a trovarmi: si, il ritorno di mia mamma dall'ospedale è stato il regalo più bello che potessi ricevere ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wedding card from a Christmas gift. Great thinking outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely! The rose is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great flower and card!! Such a nice person to give you so much ribbon on one present, lol lol lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very beautiful. I just love your rose!

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful rose and card Vanessa, very very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous creation, Vanessa!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! I love how the green just pops off the card - it's a great color for a wedding card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. W-O-W!! Vanessa, die Blume aus dem Organzaband gefällt mir wahnsinnig gut! Tolle Hochzeitskarte :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. ADORE the organza rose. totally want to know how to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a fun wedding card.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful, Vanessa....as always! Such a gorgeous flower.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful flower! I hope you have some ribbon left over for more!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful rose! Wonderful wedding card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Not only BEAUTIFUL, but my FAV color!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great way to re-use that beautiful ribbon, Vanessa! The rose is perfect for a wedding card.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is so pretty! Love your rose!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  30. what a beautiful card! i adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a beautiful card. That rose you made is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I know what you mean about being happy that Christmas was over. It was exhausting! I felt the same way! Love this card, so beautiful and love that rose!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is wonderful, love how the rose embellie is made out of the tulle!

    ReplyDelete
  34. just such a beautiful card, vanessa! and what a lovely flower:)

    ReplyDelete
  35. this is so beautiful! love your organza flower. wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate each comment very much :)