Pages

1/13/2011

Playing with a new stamp

Happy Thursday! Wow, where has this week gone??? No idea! I even didn't have time to check out the fabulous Hero Arts Hostesses Blog Hop yet! But I enjoyed some time with a new best friend last night - the Large Blossom Cling Stamp from the new 2011 Hero Arts Catalog. I got this stamp from a sweet sweet friend and love it!! Here are some samples:



Card one and two are very simple, I just stamped the blossoms onto cream cardstock and colored their middle with a yellow pencil:



The third card features one of my favorite techniques, emboss resist:

I heat embossed the image with clear embossing powder and colored it with distress inks, using a brush. The background on all cards is my all-time favorite cling "Friend Definition".

I hope you are well wherever you are! I can't help but reading more and more bad news everywhere - floods, blizzards, horrible diseases. I almost fear blog hopping these days! Please stay safe dear friends!!!

Hugs and Love,
Vanessa

Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Hero Arts
Ink: Hero Arts, Tsukineko, Ranger Industries
Clear Embossing Powder: Hero Arts
Ribbon: Craft Supplies

21 comments:

  1. Vanessa what gorgeous cards all three of them. I can't pick a favourite. You do the most beautiful cards xoxoxoxo
    PS Don't let all the bad stuff get you down xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful set, Vanessa! Love the colors you've chosen for each one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all just stunning, Vanessa! I love what you have done with this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Vanessa, I love these flowers against a text background! Beautiful examples, all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO beautiful!
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  6. You turned this stamp into a beauty Vanessa - now it´s a must have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Vanessa. I really love this new stamp and now I have seen your cards it is on my wish list!!
    Hugs
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such gorgeous cards! I love all three of them! I want that stamp now! Thanks for sharing it with us Venessa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, i esp. love that emboss resist card, vanessa!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are beautiful Vanessa! Such a great way to use that stamp in different ways :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hallo Vanessa,

    die Karten sind alle 3 wunderschön, aber die dritte Version gefällt mir am besten.

    Hab einen schönen Tag, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a beautiful set of cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards, Vanessa. Love the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are beautiful i think you sold me on this stamp!!! :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. love them all Vanessa, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE each one! They are all so soft, delicate, and beautifuL!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really want this stamp and this post doesn't help!! Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow! these are gorgeous, girl! love love that last one. fabulous coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate each comment very much :)