Pages

4/08/2011

Paper Crafts magazine Presents: 350 Cards & Gifts Blog Hop

Happy Friday and welcome to the 350 Cards & Gifts Blog Hop! I am delighted to have 9 projects in this amazing Special Issue and honored to be among this fab group of designers participating in the hop! I hope you already had the chance to get your hands on this:



But if not, you really really have to! This is the best issue ever! Personally I can't stop flipping through it again and again. Can't believe what everybody came up with! You can get your issue here. Or, here is your chance to win it!!! Just leave a comment by midnight (MDT) on Sunday, April 10 and I'll draw a winner shortly afterwards! And for even more chances, leave a comment on every blog of this hop. And for your chance to win a huge huge prize package, including Xyron’s 5” Creative Station and 5” Refill Cartridge, Pink Paislee’s Hometown Summer collection, Vintage Street Market’s Dimestore Vogue Paper Kit and Tinted Tapes AND copies of 225 Cards & Gifts and 350 Cards & Gifts, be sure to comment on the Paper Crafts Connection blog! There will be chosen 3 winners for this! But now to my little project made for this special occasion. I was asked to use my pattern for the Little Bunny Gift Bag to create a new interpretation of it. Here is the result:



I chose to create a completely different bag. That fun patterned paper inspired me to use the postmark stamps from Papertrey Ink:



This time I didn't use a hook and loop fastener to close the bag, but these fun wood buttons and some baker's twine:


The possibilities are endless. You'll find the pattern for this bag, as well as all the other free patterns of this issue here. I had so much fun creating them and it is really easy. When I was working on my submissions for the call, I just looked around the house to find inspiration for boxes and bags. The Floral for You box on p.68 was inspired by the pizza box I found in our kitchen. Just look around, take your score board and start creating!

I hope you liked my project today! Be sure to hop on to Kristin K. Tierney! Can't wait to see what all the designers made for the hop! Here is the list of all the participants:
You can also find this list on the Paper Crafts Connection blog in case my links are not working. Happy hopping and thanks for visiting!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI
Patterned Paper: Pink Paislee
Stamps: PTI
Ink: Tsukineko
Wood Buttons: Maya Road
Dies: PTI, Spellbinders
Other: Baker's Twine

183 comments:

  1. Oh my word! You're absolutely right - I really really have to get my hands on this magazine! The framed buttons on the cover is just too cute! And your bag is also too cute, especially the "handle with care" part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the message on this bag, so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun...love the way you put all the elements together...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore the colours you have used for this! Thanks for sharing!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute bag. Gotta get this issue. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bag - and the button ties are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project and I love the map paper, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colour combination! Very nice card.
    Happy friday,
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful Vanessa! Those papers are too gorgeous! And those wood buttons, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty, pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great project. Love the fun fastener!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the cute bag!

    michelesscrapycreations35 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nine projects... YOU SUPERSTAR! Gorgeous card, love that little stamp, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love how you've used postmarked... great job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! love your embellies.
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely project - good for men too (maybe with a different colour than pink - depending on the man!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice bag! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is SO darling I want to make one like it right away! I even remember where I put some maps that we don't use anymore.....! Thank you for the inspiring ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty!!! I also love the bookmarks and boxes on the Paper Crafts Connection blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That map paper is wonderful, I love the added stamp imgae. I makes it feel like it traveled a long way to get to the recipient. It is an honor to be a part of this blog hop with you - you are incredibly talented and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cute project. Gotta try this!

    ReplyDelete
  22. such a cute bag, love the wooden buttons and the map paper (love the whole project but these pop)

    ReplyDelete
  23. so very pretty!!!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You bag looks fabulous! TFS =)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the map and those buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, Vanessa! 9 projects! Is that awesome, or what?!! So thrilled for you! Big congrats and I love this bag! The colors and patterns look awesome together! Sending, happy for you, hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow Vanessa, congratulations, nine projects thats amazing!!! Love your cute bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the map paper and postage stamp! Great gift bag!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This feels so unique and personal! Beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your project. The color choice is perfect. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  31. loving the map and embellishments well the whole card is super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love those stars! Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. SO pretty!! And congrats on the 9 pubs!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is so incredibly cute love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Darling bag, love that stamp too.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I am loving this card Vanessa, that grid paper is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous card! Huge congrats on such prolific publications, Vanessa!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is just super cute, I especially love the wooden buttons and bakers twine closure!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the map and the lovely embellies!! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I really like how you've incorporated the postage clear stamps. Neat project and I enjoy your colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Very cute! Love the closure!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love your gift bag! What's great about blog hops is that I find another inspiring blog to follow! I love your style!!! "I'll be back"!

    ReplyDelete
  43. This is so beautiful! I love all the elements!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Vanessa, this is gorgeous. Love that map pattern paper.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love the ideas and look forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Very cute. Love the paper and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I'm a BIG fan of using maps and I love how you used it here. So sophisticated looking.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Great re-interpreate of the pattern and original design. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Great project. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Such a cute Idea!!!Love it

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love how you used a map as your patterned paper. I love recycling old magazines and books in this same way. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Cute! I love the map paper and the overall theme. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Lovely gift bag, Vanessa! those are such pretty colors and the map for the base of the house is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  54. I think I like this better than the original!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Can't have too many card ideas! Like your project, very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Great project--I like the map paper.

    ReplyDelete
  57. The map paper and the stamp are gorgeous ideas

    ReplyDelete
  58. Very cute project!!! Thanks for sharing =)
    ~Tina

    ReplyDelete
  59. Bags, boxes, cards, oh my! Can't wait to get this magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  60. I haven't seen many cards with this style. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  61. VERY pretty! I love that background paper!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  62. so creative AND clever!!! I love this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Love your project and the generous sharing of design ideas! LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  64. That's so pretty. I am going to find a gift for someone just so I can make a lovely little bag to put it in :)

    ReplyDelete
  65. That map paper is so cute. I'm eagerly awaiting my Postmarks set from Papertrey.

    ReplyDelete
  66. What a sweet bag! Thansk for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Great bag...love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  68. How unique and gorgeous. LOVE the pink graph paper against the map. With the wooden bits and the PTI stamps: oh so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Love your project. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Love the pink.
    What a lovely creation. This has been a wonderful hop.

    ReplyDelete
  71. This is so unique and beautiful! I love it! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Love your ideas and the variety of things you make. Looking forward to seeing lots more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Great project! I love how you used those bingo chips.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Really like the map paper with the stamp and the feel that gives to the project.

    ReplyDelete
  75. Love this-the map paper is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Great job on putting this all together so well. Adorable

    ReplyDelete
  77. I like the use of wooden buttons and baker's twine to keep your bag closed.
    God bless,
    PeggyS

    ReplyDelete
  78. Congratulations for publication. So many! I'm so happy for you.

    Thanks for this chance to win such a want to have price.

    ReplyDelete
  79. This version of your bag is awesome, too! Great paper.

    ReplyDelete
  80. The papers and details are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  81. What a fun and fabulous project! I love that map and the postmarks. Great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  82. Too cute! Love the map paper.
    Southernmrs
    at verizon
    dot net

    ReplyDelete
  83. Adorable! Love the pink...really makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  84. Very creative! Love that bag and congrats on all your accepted creations!

    ReplyDelete
  85. Love it all, especially the button closure which reminds me of the old bingo set pieces I had has a child.

    ReplyDelete
  86. Love the map. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  87. Love this! I'd love to see the whole magazine - I'm in need of some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  88. Love this project and especially the funny closure withe the "buttons"
    BTW I´ve an adress in the States from aour friends.
    hugs and smiles Conny

    ReplyDelete
  89. Darling treat bag. Buttons, great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  90. I LOVE this bag you made! I have a slight obsession with maps, so this design with the color combination makes me giddy with excitement! I will have to make one to put on my desk!

    ReplyDelete
  91. Love it! To my eye you've achieved a great card for a man while still using pink! Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  92. Love, love, love! I'm going out tonight and will be looking for this issue. The twine and buttons are such a cute closure for the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  93. That paper is very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  94. I love the map paper and those buttons add the BEST touch!

    ReplyDelete
  95. Oh I love this, what a fantastic look! I love the wooden buttons and twine, how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  96. Wow, 9 items in this issue. Congrats. I must get a copy!! I like how you changed up the bag using different items. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  97. Love the wooden buttons! The whole project is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  98. This gift bag is lovely! Love the wood buttons and twine. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  99. GREAT bag, lovin' the closure! Thanx for the inspiration and blog candy opp!

    ReplyDelete
  100. That's just lovely! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  101. Such a pretty bag! I love projects that I can make using my hoard, er, stash of paper & cardmaking supplies! LOL ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  102. Like the grid paper used for the bag. Very creative using the button closure.

    ReplyDelete
  103. What a sweet little box Vanessa! I love those little buttons - trying to figure out what they remind me of.... something from my childhood i think :) Can't wait to get my hands on this issue!

    ReplyDelete
  104. The bag is just perfect! I have the PTI postage dies and stamps and cant wait to play with them. You have given me inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  105. gorgeous interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  106. This is great! I really like the buttons & twine closuer.

    ReplyDelete
  107. Amazing! I can't wait to download your pattern and give it a whirl. Fantastic job! Congrats on having so many projects in this issue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  108. Love the button and twine closure. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  109. Love all the different elements especially the map dp and the postage stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  110. I love this bag. It is so clever and original! The button closure is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  111. What an adorable bag, Vanessa! Congratulations on all your featured projects!

    ReplyDelete
  112. I love this idea. Thank you for sharing with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  113. I love maps, and the interesting way you did the top of the bag!

    Noreen
    www.make-homemade-gifts.com

    ReplyDelete
  114. cute card, really like the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  115. Wow Vanessa, I love that postage stamp and the baker's twine...can't wait to thumb through the whole issue!

    ReplyDelete
  116. Great bag! Love all the details!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  117. Those postmark stamps are SO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  118. I so love these blog hope because we get to discover these lovely blogs. Love it all!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  119. I love this, it's so cute. I could see making a cute little "house" gift bag for a housewarming gift. Or just because it would be darling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  120. Very nice gift bag, Vanessa! Oooh, I love the twine!!

    ReplyDelete
  121. Love your card! Aren't the buttons and bakers twine fun??? Love the embellies that are out now. Great profile picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  122. Great bag- such fun paper choices!

    ReplyDelete
  123. Very cute! It's cool that you got to work on your own design!

    ReplyDelete
  124. I would like to get a side view of this bag to see better how it's made. Hopefully, I can win an issue to read about it!

    ReplyDelete
  125. how cute! I love all the elements

    ReplyDelete
  126. the postmark stamp is awesome on this bag..!

    ReplyDelete
  127. what a fun travel bag and perfect for a little something for those out-of-town guests

    ReplyDelete
  128. This is so clever and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  129. Love this! it is super cute and I love the way you used the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  130. You're such an inspiration. Thanks for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  131. Lavender and black, great combo, striking! Like the map addition.

    ReplyDelete
  132. Pretty gift bag! Love the way you used the bingo pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  133. I love your bag. So cute to use the buttons for the closure. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  134. I really like the stamp and the map paper!

    ReplyDelete
  135. It's no surprise you have so many projects in this publication. Your talent is amazing. I love all your creations. Great inspiration, thanks. Love this too :)

    ReplyDelete
  136. This is great!!! Don't you just love Pink Paislee papers!!! So cute and they're double side and just so much fun to work with! TFS
    hugs,
    joni

    ReplyDelete
  137. Love the gift bag with the map paper and all the embellishments. I am always looking for ideas to make a gift bag. Thanks for sharing.

    Linda D.

    ReplyDelete
  138. I am so loving the map! Inspired! Mahalo for sharing your fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete
  139. Such a cute entry for the hop. The wooden buttons were perfect for the closure. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  140. Very pretty! Love the postage stamp and wood buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  141. What a great project! I love the map paper with the PTI stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  142. This is an adorable little box!! Love the papers and little wooden button that you used to close it!

    ReplyDelete
  143. Wow! What a beautiful project!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  144. Hi Vanessa,
    very, very nice!!! I love your ideas!!
    Lg, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  145. Beautiful project! The wooden buttons add the perfect touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  146. Vanessa,

    Du übertriffst Dich immer wieder selbst. Ich bin begeistert, auch wenn das nichts neues ist, bei einem Besuch bei Dir. ;)

    Ganz líebe Grüße und weiterhin so viel Erfolg, Du hast es wirklich verdient, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  147. What a great idea for using map paper! I love the scallops too!

    ReplyDelete
  148. Thank you for sharing your card.. I just love it.

    Please come and visit my blog: http://jessicalynnoriginal.blogspot.com/ I have a free digital stamp there & contest.

    Have a great weekend!
    Jessica Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  149. Love those buttons! What a cute bag.

    ReplyDelete
  150. Was soll ich sagen - einfach nur: großartig! Deine Projekte sind immer ein Fest für die Augen!

    ReplyDelete
  151. Awesome bag! I love the stamp stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  152. We are going on a long trip this summer, this would be perfect for my daughter to keep track of everything we do from her perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  153. You are right the magazine is awesome! I made the mistake of using it as my bedtime reading materials, then I had to get out of bed to create I was so motivated! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  154. I love how you did your wood buttons, gives it an extra ooomph!

    ReplyDelete
  155. LOVE that map paper--and with the pink grid! So beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  156. this is truly gorgeous. I'm going to try and make a couple to have on hand for special gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  157. Hi Vanessa

    Perfectly put together. I love the colour combination. What a wonderful idea!

    Enjoyed going through your blog.
    Carol cejene@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  158. i love your style...a little shabby, a little vintage...i'm not sure what it has the feel of, but i know i like it! thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate each comment very much :)