Pages

8/26/2014

winnie & walter Share the Love Week Featuring: Simon Says Stamp Day 2


Welcome back on day 2 of the winnie & walter share the love week featuring: Simon Says Stamp! The second challenge has been a real challenge to me! It is a 10 Minute Dash Challenge. Phew. I can work quite fast, but 10 minutes is not much. After one failure, I was able to whip up this card:


I combined the following products:

To safe time, I like to prepare card bases. I trim and score card bases from white and cream card stock to have them ready when I need them. So I grabbed one of those, some scraps of colored card stock and started creating. First, I die-cut the balloons. Then I trimmed off one side of one balloon and one top of a balloon to line them up to create the impression of a second panel. To get them onto my card straightly, I used a strip of card stock as a guideline. For more dimension, I used foam tape on the yellow one. Now I stamped my sentiment from The Big, The Bold, and the Happy. Using a fine liner, I drew the strings of the balloons. Finally, I added some enamel dots (it would have saved me some time if I had the matching ones ready on my desk, but frantically digging through a drawer took some…). Here comes proof that I managed the time limit:


I hope you'll try this challenge! So fun! Now it's time to hop to the winnie & walter blog for your chance to win a wonderful prize! Thanks for stopping by today, I hope to see you back on Thursday for the 4th challenge.

Vanessa

supplies:
winnie & walter The Big, the Bold, and the Happy - Simon Says Stamp Balloons Craft Dies - Tsukineko ink - My Mind's Eye enamel dots

5 comments:

  1. such a cute card - love the colors you chose and those enamel dots are the perfect accent

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! I love the faux central layer - fabulous technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the balloons, striking colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally awesome Vanessa. Great work to get it done in under 10 mins.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate each comment very much :)