Pages

9/14/2018

MFT 2018 Card Design Superstar: Coloring Virtuoso

Happy Friday everybody! I hope you all had a phantastic week. Mine ended with an intense coloring session for the MFT 2018 Card Design Superstar contest, so it ended perfectly :)
I just can't pass the chance to play with my beloved MFT stash and even allowed myself two new stamp sets (after a long time), so I couldn't wait to sit down and start creating!

Here comes my card for the Coloring Virtuoso category:


Oh, how I loved adding more and more color to this scene! In the beginning, I thought it would never turn out how I planned it to, but now I am happy with it.
First, I stamped the cute squirrels from the new BB set Fall Friends, masked them and stamped the bear from BB Birthday Bears. Then I stamped the leaves and the star from the older set Lucky. After I had drawn the string from the "balloon", I was ready to start coloring.
I used my Prismacolors and applied layer after layer of color, starting softly and going darker and darker. The stars were added with a white gel pen.
When my panel was finished, I adhered it to a Kraft card base and added the orange cardstock strip with the heat-embossed sentiment from BB Bitty Bears.


I really hope you like my take! And that it makes you smile today!

Thank you for visiting and have a wonderful weekend!

Vanessa

MFT Supplies:
Lucky

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is fantastic! It looks like a scene in a children's book. Thank you for joining in the Superstar Contest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is adorable! Thank you for joining in the Superstar Contest.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate each comment very much :)