Pages

1/21/2016

A Watercolor Critter Card

Hey everyone! Today I am sharing a watercolor critter card. I combined the Lawnscaping Challenge (Watercoloring) and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge (Create With Critters) for this.




Here comes a cute little Valentine's Day card:


I started with a panel of watercolor paper that I had trimmed slightly smaller than my pink card base. Then I masked off stripes and applied watercolor (some stripes were made with Distress Ink mixed with water, some with Gelatos mixed with water). After it was dried,  I stamped the heart trail and the sentiment and adhered the panel to the card. I stamped and colored the little critter and the wheel and die-cut them with the matching dies. Now I adhered them to the card with foam tape and finished the card off with sequins. 


I love playing with watercolors! And cute little critter stamps :) 
Thanks for visiting!

Vanessa

   
   
   

5 comments:

  1. This is adorable!! I LOVE those stripes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this card! The gradient is absolutely lovely, Vanessa! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Create with Critters” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! The stripes in the background are perfect! Thanks so much for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the clean and simple design of your card, and the ombre stripes are fabulous! Thanks for playing along with our watercoloring challenge at Lawnscaping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate each comment very much :)