9/19/2010

Another Autumn Card and End of Summer Garden Photos

Sorry for the strange layout of this post - I just can't figure it out :o)

Happy Weekend! This is a picture-heavy post. I wanted to save some photos of my garden for me and added them to this post. But here is another autumn themed card for the September Hero Arts challenge first:


Somehow the colors don't look as vibrant as in real life. I created that background with various distress inks spritzed with water. Onto that background I stamped the Old Letter Writing and the maple leaf from the Leaf Prints set. The sentiment is from the Birthday Sayings set. I die-cut the large leaf from acetate and inked it with various alcohol inks.

Now some photos of our garden this summer:


Waterdroplets on sweet peas
Pompoms from the party decoration of my girl's birthday

































Some pottery I made a few years ago and a fun little grashopper on the marigold

Lavender in front of the marigold and larkspur:













The harvest of one morning and a beautiful butterfly
































Ok, that's it for today! I'll be back on Tuesday at the latest, then it is time for another new, fabulous Vinnie Pearce Collection! Don't miss it!

Thanks for visiting today and have a sunny weekend!!

Hugs,
Vanessa

13 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Another stunning card Vanessa and I love all the fabulous pictures of your garden, so many beautiful flowers. Thanks for sharing. Sallyx

farmhouse-story said...

gorgeous card, and beautiful garden pics, vanessa:) LOVE the bird!

Alice said...

love love love the lush fall colors on your card, Vanessa. just gorgeous. and i LOVE the beautiful photos from your garden. that bird is so cute, you are amazing, girl! thanks for a peek of your pretty garden! =) have a lovely Sunday!

Aimes said...

I am in ♥ with your card, Vanessa! Those colours are just sooooooooo my kinda colours! Love your inky background - just fabulous!
Your summer pics are fabby too - can't believe summer flew by so fast *sigh*
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Kelly Massman said...

Love the card! I'm partial to leaves... Your photos are FANTASTIC!

Lin said...

I love your card, Vanessa - beautifully done! And I really enjoyed your garden - thanks so much for sharing! (love the pottery bird!)

Anonymous said...

Such a gorgeous card Vanessa! Hope the party went well :)

Sue McRae said...

Wonderful background on your card Vanessa and lovley photos of your garden!

Barb said...

Beautiful card, Vanessa! I love the colors and the pretty acetate leaf! Thanks for sharing your garden with us! Fabulous shots!

Stamping Cafe said...

Your card is totally stunning, Vanessa! I can star at it all day, LOVE it!!

I really enjoy your beautiful garden, thank you for sharing those gorgeous photos!! Hugs!

Elise said...

This card is positively RADIANT! I can't imagine it MORE brilliant... Your photography is always 1st rate, my sweet! I LOVE this! Makes me want a pumpkin spice late and fall decor! Yipeeee!

Anke said...

Liebe Vanessa,

Deine Herbstkarte ist total hübsch geworden und Deine Fotos aus Eurem Garten gefallen mir natürlich auch sehr.

Den Kleinen Fuchs hast Du wunderbar erwischt, der blaue Keramikvogel gefällt mir auch wahnsinnig gut.

Und lecker schaut die Ernte aus.

In diesem Sinne
blumige Grüße
von Anke

Lindsay said...

Love your fall card, it's beautiful! I love your photos, so much goodness!