10/27/2010

You Inspire Me

Happy Wednesday! One of my very favorite designers, Betsy Veldman, is having a challenge using Vintage Findings. I love her work and she is always inspiring me, so I had to play! Inspired by her beautiful tissue flowers and using this week's Cardpatterns sketch, I created this card:



My vintage items are the buttons and the lace. Here is a close-up of the flower:


And here a close-up of the scalloped border:


I know, I still owe you the double-bow tutorial! Trying to get it done this week, please bear with me!

Thanks for visiting and have a beautiful day everybody!!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Supplies:
Cardstock: (cream)
Patterned Paper: (Pink from Narratives Collection) Creative Imaginations, (Brown from Restoration Collection) Crate Paper, (Green Dots from Pretty Pastels Collection) Papertrey Ink
Stamps: (Music Background) Hero Arts, (Sentiment from Embellishments) Papertrey Ink
Ink: (Pearlescent Chocolate) Tsukineko, (Spun Sugar, Walnut Stain, Antique Linen) Ranger Industries
Dies: (Flowers, Leaves, Scalloped Border) Papertrey Ink
Doily: (TheDigiChick.com)
Other: Pink Satin Ribbon, Pink Tissue Paper, Vintage Buttons, Vintage Lace, Twine

32 comments:

Isha Gupta said...

Gorgeous card Vanessa...just love it. Is there a link for the tissue flower tutorial too???

Laura.K said...

I love that flower. It's gorgeous. And that tissue paper scalop is so nice.

I'm looking forward for your tutorial.

farmhouse-story said...

so pretty, vanessa-the flower and esp. the tissue border-i LOVE that idea:)

CinnamonSally said...

Wow this is gorgeous Vanessa, love your vintage card, the flower is stunning!!

NinaB said...

Oh, this is sooo beautiful. I love that flower, lace and button.

Laurel said...

Oh this is gorgeous!

Barb said...

Vanessa, I not only love your tissue flower but how clever to use tissue for your scallops too! Looks so pretty! Wonderful card, and I can't wait for the bow video!

Lin said...

Love this pink confection, Vanessa! Beautifully done, as always!

Pajalu said...

Vanessa this is one gorgeous card. I love your vintage card. Very pretty xoxoxoxoxo

Anke said...

Meine Güte liebe Vanessa jetzt liege ich aber am Boden, was für eine traumhaft schöne Karte *umfall*

Begeisterte Grüße
von Anke

Deirdre said...

Vanessa, this is one beautiful card - adore what you created.

Anonymous said...

vintage style is just my thing! :) Thank you for sharing Vanessa, this is really really beautiful. I look forward to your bow tutorial :)

hugs,
Viola

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Was für eine wunderschööööne Karte!!!
Ich folge deinem Blog gern, weil fast alles (99,9%) mir so gut gefällt, dass ich es am liebsten "aus dem Bildschirm herausnehmen" möchte!! :-)

Liebe Grüße aus Wien und Danke für die stetige Inspiration!
Ulina

Pauline said...

Just beautiful1 Love the pink flower and scalloped border.

Kryssi said...

so lovely!

Kelly Massman said...

Gorgeous--makes me wish I was your friend, and you were sending it to me!!! :-)

Nancy said...

More lovely brilliance from Vanessa...I LOVE this charming Vintage design!
bless you!

Sherry said...

What a very pretty card!!! You've done a wonderful job!!
Sherry
Thanks for sharing.

Nancy L. said...

wow, thats just beautiful!!

Kathy Martin said...

Just beautiful! Love the tissue paper flower and border! :)

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful!! Love that big gorgeous flower! :)

Dawn T said...

wonderful card Vanessa, Really has a lovely vintage feel to it. Your tissue flower looks so lovely

Jane said...

perfection!

Sanne said...

So many yummy details in this card Vanessa - PERFECTION!

Debbi said...

Gorgeous card! I love the scallop border and the flower. Beautiful!
*smiles*
debbi

Anne said...

Wow Vanessa this is DROP dead gorgeous! Love your awesome flower and the lovely tissue paper scalloped border and lace- just amazing! The button is to die for too :)

Alice said...

that lace trim is sooooooooo yummy! and the flower is gorgeous. beautiful card, Vanessa!

Jenny said...

such a pretty card, love the pink... so fab :) :) :) :) :) :)

Chris said...

Oh my! What a beautiful card. I love your flower and border, so pretty and feminine.

Chris x

Agata said...

Very beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with CP this week!

Monika Reeck said...

wooow so adorable Vanessa and congrats on being top 6 on CArd Patterns...hugs...

Betsy V said...

Oh, Vanessa...this is just gorgeous! Those tissue paper scallops??? LOVE them! I need to try that. :-) Thanks so much for playing along!

Paper Crafts Go-to Gal
Betsy Veldman