10/27/2010

You Inspire Me

Happy Wednesday! One of my very favorite designers, Betsy Veldman, is having a challenge using Vintage Findings. I love her work and she is always inspiring me, so I had to play! Inspired by her beautiful tissue flowers and using this week's Cardpatterns sketch, I created this card:



My vintage items are the buttons and the lace. Here is a close-up of the flower:


And here a close-up of the scalloped border:


I know, I still owe you the double-bow tutorial! Trying to get it done this week, please bear with me!

Thanks for visiting and have a beautiful day everybody!!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Supplies:
Cardstock: (cream)
Patterned Paper: (Pink from Narratives Collection) Creative Imaginations, (Brown from Restoration Collection) Crate Paper, (Green Dots from Pretty Pastels Collection) Papertrey Ink
Stamps: (Music Background) Hero Arts, (Sentiment from Embellishments) Papertrey Ink
Ink: (Pearlescent Chocolate) Tsukineko, (Spun Sugar, Walnut Stain, Antique Linen) Ranger Industries
Dies: (Flowers, Leaves, Scalloped Border) Papertrey Ink
Doily: (TheDigiChick.com)
Other: Pink Satin Ribbon, Pink Tissue Paper, Vintage Buttons, Vintage Lace, Twine

33 comments:

Isha said...

Gorgeous card Vanessa...just love it. Is there a link for the tissue flower tutorial too???

Laura.K said...

I love that flower. It's gorgeous. And that tissue paper scalop is so nice.

I'm looking forward for your tutorial.

lynn said...

so pretty, vanessa-the flower and esp. the tissue border-i LOVE that idea:)

CinnamonSally said...

Wow this is gorgeous Vanessa, love your vintage card, the flower is stunning!!

NinaB said...

Oh, this is sooo beautiful. I love that flower, lace and button.

Laurel said...

Oh this is gorgeous!

Barb said...

Vanessa, I not only love your tissue flower but how clever to use tissue for your scallops too! Looks so pretty! Wonderful card, and I can't wait for the bow video!

Lin said...

Love this pink confection, Vanessa! Beautifully done, as always!

paula said...

Vanessa this is one gorgeous card. I love your vintage card. Very pretty xoxoxoxoxo

Anke said...

Meine Güte liebe Vanessa jetzt liege ich aber am Boden, was für eine traumhaft schöne Karte *umfall*

Begeisterte Grüße
von Anke

Deirdre said...

Vanessa, this is one beautiful card - adore what you created.

Viola Mahr said...

vintage style is just my thing! :) Thank you for sharing Vanessa, this is really really beautiful. I look forward to your bow tutorial :)

hugs,
Viola

Apricot Bubbles said...

Was für eine wunderschööööne Karte!!!
Ich folge deinem Blog gern, weil fast alles (99,9%) mir so gut gefällt, dass ich es am liebsten "aus dem Bildschirm herausnehmen" möchte!! :-)

Liebe Grüße aus Wien und Danke für die stetige Inspiration!
Ulina

Pauline said...

Just beautiful1 Love the pink flower and scalloped border.

Kryssi said...

so lovely!

Kelly Massman said...

Gorgeous--makes me wish I was your friend, and you were sending it to me!!! :-)

Nancy said...

More lovely brilliance from Vanessa...I LOVE this charming Vintage design!
bless you!

Sherry said...

What a very pretty card!!! You've done a wonderful job!!
Sherry
Thanks for sharing.

Nancy L. said...

wow, thats just beautiful!!

Kathy Martin said...

Just beautiful! Love the tissue paper flower and border! :)

Simone said...

This is so beautiful!! Love that big gorgeous flower! :)

Dawn said...

wonderful card Vanessa, Really has a lovely vintage feel to it. Your tissue flower looks so lovely

Jane said...

perfection!

Sanne said...

So many yummy details in this card Vanessa - PERFECTION!

Debbi said...

Gorgeous card! I love the scallop border and the flower. Beautiful!
*smiles*
debbi

Anne said...

Wow Vanessa this is DROP dead gorgeous! Love your awesome flower and the lovely tissue paper scalloped border and lace- just amazing! The button is to die for too :)

Alice Wertz said...

that lace trim is sooooooooo yummy! and the flower is gorgeous. beautiful card, Vanessa!

Jenny said...

such a pretty card, love the pink... so fab :) :) :) :) :) :)

Chris said...

Oh my! What a beautiful card. I love your flower and border, so pretty and feminine.

Chris x

Michelle Gotoh Bertuzzi said...

Love the elegance and handmade flower. Gorgeous card!
Glad you could play along with us at Card Patterns.

Agata said...

Very beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with CP this week!

Monika Reeck said...

wooow so adorable Vanessa and congrats on being top 6 on CArd Patterns...hugs...

Betsy V said...

Oh, Vanessa...this is just gorgeous! Those tissue paper scallops??? LOVE them! I need to try that. :-) Thanks so much for playing along!

Paper Crafts Go-to Gal
Betsy Veldman