11/01/2011

Echo Park Fresh Face Designer - Post # 1

Hello! I am really excited, because today I am able to show you the first projects I made as this month's Fresh Face Designer for Echo Park Paper! For my first post, I made some christmas projects using the beautiful collection Season's Greetings. Here they come:






I can tell you, after I had made this advent calendar, I was ready for christmas! I used three sheets of patterned paper and made 24 cones that I embellished and hung to this wooden tree. You will find the tutorial underneath. Here is a closer look at the cones and the top of the advent calendar:










I will fill these with little treats for my girl. And maybe for my husband, too :)


Now to the tutorial:


1. Trim 24 (or 25) squares the size of 4"x 4" from three sheets of 12" x 12" patterned paper 














2. Punch holes through one corner of every square and adhere hole reinforcers that were die-cut from red cardstock












3. Carefully bend the left and right corners towards the middle




















4. Adhere strong, double-sided tape as shown, remove protective foil
















5. Form the cone, bending the right corner inwards first and the left over it afterwards


















6. Die-cut labels from cardstock, stamp frame and numbers, adhere to cones. Die-cut holly leaves from cardstock, adhere. Finish off with red buttons for berries
















7. Trim squares from red tissue paper, insert to cones
















It takes a while to finish all the cones, but it is worth it! I had so much fun creating this. Next I have a card and a giftbag for you. I first didn't plan to make them a set, but with this collection it is so easy to create matching items! Here they are:






The bag started with a red giftbag that I got from the store. I just trimmed some patterned paper, attached it, fussy-cut the poinsettias and added them with foam tape. The centers are some golden pearls. Then I covered a clothespin with paper and used a left-over scrap as a tag.





And the card was even easier. I love the the journaling cards that are provided on a sheet of paper in this collection. They make quick and easy cards! I just adhered a journaling card, stitched around the edges and embellished it a bit. Done!








So, this was the first post. I hope you like my projects! I am ready for the season now! And next week I will have some more christmas projects for you! Thanks for visiting and have a beautiful day!


Hugs and Love,
Vanessa


Supplies:
Patterned Paper, Stickers: Echo Park Paper (Season's Greetings Collection)
Cardstock, Label Frame Stamp, Holly dies, Hole Reinforcers, Buttons: PTI
Number Stamps: Hero Arts
Ink: Tsukineko, Ranger Industries
Pearls, Gemstones: Prima Marketing
Stick Pin: Little Yellow Bicycle
Other: Ribbon

5 comments:

Barb said...

Congratulations, Vanessa! How exciting! They are lucky to have someone so talented designing for them this month. That advent calendar is fabulous! What a clever idea! Love your gift bag and card too! Looking forward to seeing more! Hugs! :)

Kelley Eubanks said...

WOW ... what gorgeous projects! I want to make one of those advent calendars... LOVE IT!! Congrats on being a Guest Designer!! :)

~amy~ said...

gorgeous projects! Congrats!!!!!!!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Super gorgeous projects Vanessa! Beautiful work, congrats on your first Fresh Face designs!

Renee V said...

This is an amazing advent calendar! Love your tutorials, your work is beautiful and I see why you were chosen by EP - congrats on that :)