11/01/2011

Echo Park Fresh Face Designer - Post # 1

Hello! I am really excited, because today I am able to show you the first projects I made as this month's Fresh Face Designer for Echo Park Paper! For my first post, I made some christmas projects using the beautiful collection Season's Greetings. Here they come:






I can tell you, after I had made this advent calendar, I was ready for christmas! I used three sheets of patterned paper and made 24 cones that I embellished and hung to this wooden tree. You will find the tutorial underneath. Here is a closer look at the cones and the top of the advent calendar:










I will fill these with little treats for my girl. And maybe for my husband, too :)


Now to the tutorial:


1. Trim 24 (or 25) squares the size of 4"x 4" from three sheets of 12" x 12" patterned paper 














2. Punch holes through one corner of every square and adhere hole reinforcers that were die-cut from red cardstock












3. Carefully bend the left and right corners towards the middle




















4. Adhere strong, double-sided tape as shown, remove protective foil
















5. Form the cone, bending the right corner inwards first and the left over it afterwards


















6. Die-cut labels from cardstock, stamp frame and numbers, adhere to cones. Die-cut holly leaves from cardstock, adhere. Finish off with red buttons for berries
















7. Trim squares from red tissue paper, insert to cones
















It takes a while to finish all the cones, but it is worth it! I had so much fun creating this. Next I have a card and a giftbag for you. I first didn't plan to make them a set, but with this collection it is so easy to create matching items! Here they are:






The bag started with a red giftbag that I got from the store. I just trimmed some patterned paper, attached it, fussy-cut the poinsettias and added them with foam tape. The centers are some golden pearls. Then I covered a clothespin with paper and used a left-over scrap as a tag.





And the card was even easier. I love the the journaling cards that are provided on a sheet of paper in this collection. They make quick and easy cards! I just adhered a journaling card, stitched around the edges and embellished it a bit. Done!








So, this was the first post. I hope you like my projects! I am ready for the season now! And next week I will have some more christmas projects for you! Thanks for visiting and have a beautiful day!


Hugs and Love,
Vanessa


Supplies:
Patterned Paper, Stickers: Echo Park Paper (Season's Greetings Collection)
Cardstock, Label Frame Stamp, Holly dies, Hole Reinforcers, Buttons: PTI
Number Stamps: Hero Arts
Ink: Tsukineko, Ranger Industries
Pearls, Gemstones: Prima Marketing
Stick Pin: Little Yellow Bicycle
Other: Ribbon

5 comments:

Barb said...

Congratulations, Vanessa! How exciting! They are lucky to have someone so talented designing for them this month. That advent calendar is fabulous! What a clever idea! Love your gift bag and card too! Looking forward to seeing more! Hugs! :)

Kelley Eubanks said...

WOW ... what gorgeous projects! I want to make one of those advent calendars... LOVE IT!! Congrats on being a Guest Designer!! :)

~amy~ said...

gorgeous projects! Congrats!!!!!!!

Tiffany said...

Super gorgeous projects Vanessa! Beautiful work, congrats on your first Fresh Face designs!

Renee said...

This is an amazing advent calendar! Love your tutorials, your work is beautiful and I see why you were chosen by EP - congrats on that :)