Hello! I am really excited, because today I am able to show you the first projects I made as this month's Fresh Face Designer for Echo Park Paper! For my first post, I made some christmas projects using the beautiful collection Season's Greetings. Here they come:
I can tell you, after I had made this advent calendar, I was ready for christmas! I used three sheets of patterned paper and made 24 cones that I embellished and hung to this wooden tree. You will find the tutorial underneath. Here is a closer look at the cones and the top of the advent calendar:
I will fill these with little treats for my girl. And maybe for my husband, too :)
Now to the tutorial:
1. Trim 24 (or 25) squares the size of 4"x 4" from three sheets of 12" x 12" patterned paper
2. Punch holes through one corner of every square and adhere hole reinforcers that were die-cut from red cardstock
3. Carefully bend the left and right corners towards the middle
4. Adhere strong, double-sided tape as shown, remove protective foil
5. Form the cone, bending the right corner inwards first and the left over it afterwards
6. Die-cut labels from cardstock, stamp frame and numbers, adhere to cones. Die-cut holly leaves from cardstock, adhere. Finish off with red buttons for berries
7. Trim squares from red tissue paper, insert to cones
It takes a while to finish all the cones, but it is worth it! I had so much fun creating this. Next I have a card and a giftbag for you. I first didn't plan to make them a set, but with this collection it is so easy to create matching items! Here they are:
The bag started with a red giftbag that I got from the store. I just trimmed some patterned paper, attached it, fussy-cut the poinsettias and added them with foam tape. The centers are some golden pearls. Then I covered a clothespin with paper and used a left-over scrap as a tag.
And the card was even easier. I love the the journaling cards that are provided on a sheet of paper in this collection. They make quick and easy cards! I just adhered a journaling card, stitched around the edges and embellished it a bit. Done!
So, this was the first post. I hope you like my projects! I am ready for the season now! And next week I will have some more christmas projects for you! Thanks for visiting and have a beautiful day!
Hugs and Love,
Patterned Paper, Stickers: Echo Park Paper (Season's Greetings Collection)
Cardstock, Label Frame Stamp, Holly dies, Hole Reinforcers, Buttons: PTI
Number Stamps: Hero Arts
Ink: Tsukineko, Ranger Industries
Pearls, Gemstones: Prima Marketing
Stick Pin: Little Yellow Bicycle