5/22/2014

winnie & walter Premiere of Parentville Extras + The Big, the Bold and Extras

Today it's the winnie & walter premiere of Parentville Extras + The Big, the Bold and Extras. Oh, I have a new favorite set! I love flowers, so The Big, the Bold and Extras is perfect for me! I have made a lot of cards with the sets, and here they are!

Mmh, the flowers! The Big, the Bold and Extras is the perfect set to go with all the The Big, the Bold sets! Here I stamped the open flower outline with black ink and used distress inks spritzed with water to stamp the bold flower for "coloring" them quick and easily. And don't you love that sweet banner? So many possibilities!


Here I stamped the flowers onto my panel, masking some to create depth. Then I colored them with watercolor pencils and a brush. The sentiment is embossed with white embossing powder onto a strip of black cardstock. Afterwards, I applied some Wink of Stella onto the outer parts of the flowers. You can see it better here:


The next card was made for my mother in law for Mother's Day, so I had to print a custom sentiment onto my vellum:


I used a technique I learned from the sweet Julie Ebersole, first the image is embossed onto the vellum and then the back of the vellum is colored with various inks. I used distress inks and the mini blending tool for this. Then I just adhered the vellum onto an embossed cardstock background.

For this card, I stamped and masked the rose image to create this border. The sentiment is from the Parentville Extras set. Love that it includes a Mama stamp, here in Germany we usually call our mothers Mama!

The last one is a card for Papa, keeping it very simple and clean with various words from the Parentville Extras set. I added the DAD from the Parentville set, as it matched perfectly.

So what do you say? Loving the flowers as much as I do? Then quickly hop over to the winnie & walter blog and leave your comment to win those sets! And don't miss tomorrow's post for two more amazing new sets! Thanks for visiting!

Vanessa

supplies:
winnie & walter Parentville, Parentville Extras, The Big, the Bold and Extras - Ranger Distress Inks - Tsukineko ink - ZIG Wink of Stella - MME enamel dots - Hero Arts pearls, ink - PTI cardstock, vellum

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow! These are all gorgeous! LOVING those flowers on the first two!!!!

Lin said...

So pleased to see these darling little flowers, and they're 2-steppers, too, YAY! Love what you've done today, Vanessa!

Diane Jaquay said...

AMAZING work, LOVING the beautiful flowers!!

Jennifer said...

Awesome cards, love the bright colors you used in the first. And the card for Papa is perfect too!

Kelly Griglione said...

Vanessa, love, love all your flower cards and the different ways you've used them! Your last card with the Dad names is a great idea too!