6/04/2014

A Masculine Card

I made a masculine card for the current Avery Elle Challenge...





...using my Modern Leaves stamp set:


I heat-embossed the large scribbled leaf onto patterned paper and punched out circles from this and other pps. After I had inked all edges, I adhered them to a kraft cardstock panel. The "hello" is from the same set and also heat-embossed with white embossing powder. I inked the edges of my panel and machine-stitched some messy seams. Then I adhered the panel to my cardbase and added some ink drops. Finally I adhered the wood veneer. I hope you like it!

Thanks for visiting!

Vanessa

supplies:
Avery Elle Modern Leaves stamp set - Studio Calico pp, wood veneer, Mister Hueys - Tsukineko ink - Ranger Distress Ink

14 comments:

~amy~ said...

Vanessa, I LOVE this! I find masculine cards to be such a challenge...yours is absolutely wonderful!

Diane Jaquay said...

Very COOL, love this, Vanessa!!

Carol McCready said...

Great card. Love the embellishments and stitching.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the circles and the stitching!!!!

Dawn T said...

Beautifully done Vanessa.

SonjaK said...

Oh, what a wonderful card. I love the ink splatters and the stiching and the pattern paper and the sponging and literally everything about this card. It's just perfect!

tocovya said...

This is very special, really like this.

Nancy Penir said...

Loving the random stitching that tie all the circles together.
Great card for a guy!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this one!!!

cheiron said...

Fun texture and great guy colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us in the Father's Day/Masculine Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week :)

Diana Fisher said...

Loving the texture and pattern on this! Thanks for playing along with AEI♥U Challenge!

donna mikasa said...

Love the cool design, Vanessa!
Thanks so much for joining us at Avery Elle!

Yana Smakula said...

beautifully done! I like the inking of the edges - it really gives more depth to the project. Thank you for joining us at the AE challenge!

Stephanie Berger said...

ich mag die Karte super gerne... Die Farben - die Gestaltung - einfach perfekt