6/13/2014

Having Fun With Stencils

Because I finally found an affordable, well working embossing paste here in Germany, I am having fun with my stencils at the moment. The Wendy Vecchi paste is available here, but I just didn't want to pay $17 for it. So I went to my favorite artist's supply store and found a very light weighted one from Lukas Acryl. I happily started playing and made a card for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge:



I applied the embossing paste onto a piece of watercolor paper, using a stencil from Heidi Swapp. After the paste was dry, I created a watercolor wash, using spray mists and Distress Inks. Afterwards, I added some shine to the stars with Wink of Stella. The Mama Elephant bunny was colored with watercolor pencils and is hanging to a Lawn Fawn cloud.
I am still experimenting on how to photograph my cards. The fabulous Debby showed her photography set up some time ago and I really love how it looks. I found this interesting olive wood board and used it for the first time here. I think my backdrop is too busy, I have to figure that out. We'll see!
Thanks for visiting!

Vanessa

supplies:
Heidi Swapp stencil - Mama Elephant Honeybunny stamp set - Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine stamp set + die - Memory Box baby die - Ranger Distress Inks - Tsukineko ink - Faber Castell pencils - Lukas Acryl embossing paste - Wink of Stella pen

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the card, and think the photo is fab too (wood makes a fab stand)!! :)

Laurel Beard said...

Super cute card! Love the watercolored background and layout! Love the olive wood board too! I use just a plain white background (I got one of the canvas boards from Michaels for a few bucks) and that is all I do! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooo cute!! LOVING the stars and that bunny!!!!!!

~amy~ said...

Vanessa, this is darling!

Diane Jaquay said...

So so ADORABLE, love it!!!

Jamie said...

Too cute! I love your cards!!