8/28/2014

winnie & walter Share the Love Week Featuring: Simon Says Stamp Day 4


It's the 4th day of the winnie & walter share the love week featuring: Simon Says Stamp. Today's challenge is to create a one-layer card. Inspired by the lovely sunflowers in our garden, I created this:


This time, I used these products together:

This Simon Says Stamp Scribble Flowers set is so versatile and fun! You can create all types of flowers with it and it's easy to "color" them. I just stamped the outlines with black ink and used the solids to stamp the colors. For the petals, I used yellow Distress Ink first and added a second layer of light orange Distress Ink for some shadows. No coloring, just simple stamping. After the flower was finished, I added light blue details to the background, using a few of the smaller stamps. Then I stamped my sentiment, a combination of winnie & walter's The Big, the Bold and Seasons and The Big, the Bold, and the Happy. Little embellishments are allowed on one-layer cards, so I added some sequins in the end. I hope you like my card! Now hop to the winnie & walter blog and leave your comment for your chance to win the prize! And I would love to see your take on the challenge.
Thanks for visiting, don't miss tomorrow's post(s). Wink wink.

Vanessa

supplies:
winnie & walter The Big, the Bold and Seasons, The Big, the Bold, and the Happy - Simon Says Stamp Scribble Flowers stamp set - Tsukineko ink - Ranger Distress Ink - Pretty Pink Posh sequins

4 comments:

Lin said...

Love how this turned out, Vanessa!

cghundley said...

This came out
beautiful! Great
design.
Carla from Utah

Dawn Turley said...

this one is my favourite from the days cards. I really love the simplicity and boldness of the flower.

Liz Gessner McAllister said...

Love your sunflower.... and that I can copy since I have that set! LOL