2/04/2015

Shay's Birthday Surprise Blog Hop


Hello and welcome to a Surprise Birthday Blog Hop for sweet Shay from Winnie & Walter
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHAY!!!
We love you and wanted to make something special for you, so Julie organized this.
Some of us were able to make a video to send you birthday greetings, and here comes mine:



And, of course, I made a card for you! I was inspired by your fab card from this post here. Here comes my take:


I didn't use the technique with the crayons, but stamped my cupcakes onto watercolor paper with permanent ink, then applied water to the panel and applied Distress Inks to "color" the images. After it was dried, I matted the right edge with black cardstock and adhered the panel to the cardbase. Then I die-cut a lot of tiny stars from various cardstock and adhered them. Now I stamped and heat-embossed the sentiment onto a piece of black cardstock and adhered this with foam tape. I hope you like it!
Again, HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You are wonderful!
Here is our blog hop list:


Hugs,
Vanessa

supplies:
Winnie & Walter Sugar Rush stamp set - Tsukineko ink - Ranger Distress Inks - Mama Elephant die

23 comments:

Kelly Griglione said...

OK, Vanessa, can you make a more charming video than that??!? I think not. Love that your family helped you celebrate. You are just so cute!! Love how you turned the cupcake into a background element too. Such a festive card that Shay will treasure!

maria f. said...

Fabulous card. And your video... HELAU!

Shay said...

Vanessa, your video had me smiling and laughing. It was so sweet, funny and a true delight. You are just so lovely in person. :-) And your card is stunning and I feel so honored you used my card as an inspiration for something you made. Thank you!

conil said...

Fell over laughing over your videos. What fun! As is this amazing card you made.

Julie Mogford said...

The video is adorable and so is the card. I love getting to see you and your beautiful smile. The card is bright and fun and a tribute to Shay's love of stamped backgrounds. :)

Scrapthat said...

lovely card and so nice to see you Vanessa! :D

joy said...

What a wonderful and happy video, Vanessa! You are a beautiful girl and I am sure Shay LOVED the video and card you made for her!!

StampinLouie said...

Love the cupcakes. Makes me want to reach on the card and grab one to eat! Lol! They look so yummy!

Nora Noll said...

Such a totally fun card! I love the fun way you stamped the cupcakes. Fabulous card!!

Katia said...

so pretty card!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gorgeous video and beautiful card!

Rubeena I. said...

your video was so cute!!!! happy birthday, Shay!! love your card <3

Joan Smith said...

OMG Your video is too cute...you really did make one very Happy Birthday Video for Shaw...and your birthday is so Fabulous and fun. Girl you totally outdid yourself. YOU so ROCK!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love your VIDEO and your card!! Soooooooooo fun!!!!!

TracyM #6773 said...

WOW - what a WONDERFUL birthday video and card - LOVE them BOTH Vanessa!!!
You cupcakes and inking are AMAZING!!!

Amy Martin said...

Adorable video. your card is so bright and fun.

Katie said...

Such a fun video. I love this card!

Hussena said...

What a wonderful video :)..Your card is totally fabulous!!Heart it !

anja curvers said...

Such a great card Vanessa and so nice to see you.

Anonymous said...

Your video is too cute Vanessa! Such a sweet birthday message for Shay ;-) Love the watercolouring on your card - she will absolutely adore it!

Samantha Mann said...

Suuuuch an adorable card! I love the loose watercoloring!! Those cupcakes rock and I LOVE the black bold pops!! And your video is just delightful and cute and fun!! So fun!

Ruby Craft said...

Fun, bright and cheerful!

nancy carroll said...

What an awesome card and video!