6/01/2015

Sparkle & Shine Challenge SEVEN: Inspiration Photo sponsored by Pretty Pink Posh

Hello sweet friends! I am back with my card for the newest Sparkle & Shine Challenge! This one is sponsored by Pretty Pink Posh and we have this gorgeous inspiration photo to work with:


Love the ombre cake! Here is my card version of it:



I started with a panel of white cardstock and masked the panel to leave the bottom strip unmasked and inked it with a lot of Distress Ink. Then I moved the mask a bit higher on the panel and inked the area using not as much ink as before. Then I repeated this until I had created all the stripes, always applying less ink than before to create the gradient effect. I stamped and heat-embossed the scrolls and die-cut the word from this panel. Now I adhered the panel to the card. Onto a piece of vellum, I stamped and heat-embossed the flower and the leaves and cut them out. After I had adhered them to the card, I die-cut the word from fun foam, assembled it with the word I cut from the panel and adhered everything. Finally, I stamped and heat-embossed the sentiment onto strips of black cardstock and adhered these, too. Then I adhered the clear sequins.
I hope you like it and that you'll play! Thanks for stopping by!

Vanessa

   
   
   

8 comments:

Julia said...

Wundervoll! :)

Hussena said...

What a totally stunning card ..I love the way you have created that color gradient ..Simply Wow !!

Kara said...

So beautiful!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous!!!

Dawn Turley said...

gorgeous card Vanessa.

Virginia Lu said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!! LOVE it, Vanessa!

Aileen (mum) said...

Wow absolutely perfect.

Darnell J Knauss said...

Absolutely stunning creations, Vanessa! Congratulations on being the featured artist! You so deserve the recognition for your super talent!! Hugs, Darnell