9/12/2015

Texture on a Fall Card

Hey there! I love to create fall cards with texture. My favorite way to do this is to use some kind of fabric, burlap, cork or wood. On this card for the MFT Card Design Superstar Card Contest, I used burlap and wood patterned paper:


I just couldn't resist the cute Harvest Mouse stamp set. I die-cut the elements from cream card stock and stamped the images using brown ink. Then I colored them using Copics and inked the edges with brown Distress Ink. The sweater and the basket were paper-pieced using patterned paper. I stamped the sentiment onto the front of my card base, die-cut a square from wood patterned paper, layered it with a piece of burlap and adhered everything to the card. Then I adhered my images, popping some of them up with foam tape.


I hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by!

Vanessa

   
   
   

4 comments:

VanessaB said...

love the burlap. so cute :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the burlap!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Great idea and looks super cute!

Unknown said...

Love the idea of using burlap behind the cute mouse. So Fall! I'm trying this.