10/21/2015

MLS - Make Live Share

Hello everyone! Today I have a fun project to share. Inspired by Richard Garay's Make Live Share movement, I created a little something for my girl. She is my biggest fan and cheerleader, always jumping up and down with joy about happy news, always admiring my creations and always eager to play with my supplies. So I wanted to surprise her with a special treat.
I loved the idea of this Going Places treat holder from Richard and created my own version of it:


First, I created the base/box with my score board. Then I layered everything on top of it. First came a stripe of patterned paper wrapped around the box, then some twine tied around that. Now I adhered a pink doily and fringe that was die-cut from card stock. I found this cute wood button in my stash, so this came next. Then I die-cut a rectangle from rose card stock and stamped a matching sentiment for my girl. I adhered the rectangle with foam tape, then added the sequins and the butterfly. Finally, I tied a pretty bow from turquoise ribbon and adhered this, too.

She was delighted:



The MLS idea is so fun! What could be better than sharing the love with a handmade item? If you would like to join with a project, please find all the details here.
And yes, it is already cold enough here to wear the winter jacket, cowl and wool hat. Brr. I hope your day is a sunnier one!! Thanks for stopping by!

Vanessa

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeee the card and the photos!! She looks so HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

It is a lost art it seems these days - creating happiness by hand - Love it! I saw those beautiful eyes full of tears on insta and I am so happy to see them full of happiness here!