1/14/2017

A Rainbow of Books

Happy weekend everybody! I've been working on some projects I am not allowed to share with you yet, but I also wanted to play with a new stamp set I bought from MFT.
We are huge book lovers in this house and I have already infected my girl. During the school holidays she read two books contemporaneously and since I created her a cosy reading nook underneath her bed, she has been lying there reading whenever she can. I just had to get the BB Our Story set to create this card for her, using the current MFT Sketch #315.



For my book border, I simply used the small stack of books and repeated stamping the image onto the first stack, sometimes turning the image around or masking off parts of the stamp. When the pile was high enough, I colored the books with Copics and fussy-cut the tower of books. The other images were colored with Copics and fussy-cut, too.


A set I will be using again and again :)

Thank you for stopping by!

Vanessa

6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This could be me (although I have a cat not a dog!). I love that rainbow tower of books! Jo x

clelie said...

I love the 'edge' of stacked books! Wonderful interpretation of the sketch!

SmilynStef said...

Your card is absolutely fabulous ... adore it.

Dawn T said...

Super cute card Vanessa.

Cindy C. said...

This is wonderful, lovely scene and fabulous watercolors!!

Crafting with Jeanne said...

Super cute!