12/18/2019

A Big Card for a Wonderful Trainee

Hello to you! In midst of all the Christmas turmoil, my colleagues asked me to make a card for our sweet trainee who will leave this week. So this card is a labour of love for a wonderful girl who is happening to celebrate her 18th birthday on Saturday.


I chose to use various Stacey Yacula stamps from My Favorite Things. I wanted the critters to hold this banner and the SY sets perfectly provided images holding their "arms" like I needed them to. Everything is colored with Copics, then fussy-cut. I wrote the text onto the banner that I cut from patterned paper. The background is inked with Distress Oxide Ink. Because this card is unusually big (12x25cm), I created my own envelope using large patterned paper and the Envelope Punch Board.


This card was such fun to make. And especially because I knew who will receive it :)

I'll add this partying gang to the current SSS Wednesday Challenge: Party Time. Thanks for stopping by today!

Vanessa

MFT Supplies:
SY Friendly Foxes
SY Scene Builder
SY Warm & Feathered Hugs
SY Tweet Friends
SY It's a Mice Time to Celebrate
Grassy Hills Die-namics
Mini Cloud Edges Stencil

4 comments:

Crafting with Jeanne said...

Love your card. I haven't bought any of the SY critters from MFT, but I have some of her older stamps from a different company. I have been looking at them, trying to figure out which ones I want the most since buying all of them would be expensive right now! But I just got the email with 30% off so I guess there's no time like the present!! You card helped to make up my mind! So So cute!

Cardogram said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy Johnson said...

This is so adorable!

Cardogram said...

What a lovely card Vanessa.. Very adorable. Completely doing justice with the whole set up.. Is it okay if I case your card??