6/24/2010

Vinnie Pearce Poppies and Color Layering

Happy Thursday! Today I have three cards to share. I would be able to share two more cards from my de-hoarding project, but I'll better post them tomorrow... Anyway, here are three cards I made for the Hero Arts June "Summer, 4th of July, Color Layering" challenge:


This first card felt like cheating! Vinnie Pearce's papers are so beautiful - I only resized and printed this and added my butterfly and the pearls. The paper is from the digi-kit "Art Papers II". Gorgeous and dramatic, isn't it? The butterfly is from my beloved Hero Arts set "Antique Engravings" and I colored it with copics.
My second card uses the color layering technique. I love to combine pink with brown. And I love butterflies and the Hero Arts Old Letter Writing stamp!! This technique is so much fun. Just ink up the stamps and stamp. And then again and again... Ha.


I had so much fun stamping and stamping that I inked up the "Speckled Ornaments" set, too:


The patterned paper and the brad are from Melody Ross's Artsy Urban Collection for GCD Studios. The seambinding is dyed with the same ink I used for stamping.

Have a beautiful and sunny day! Thanks for visiting :)

Hugs,
Vanessa

28 comments:

Sarah J Moerman said...

Gorgeous card, Vanessa! All so beautiful!

~amy~ said...

gorgeous cards vanessa....I can't seem to get enough of butterflies...love them...and I adore your monochromatic blue card..it is beautiful!!

Lindsay said...

Super fun cards Vanessa! I love them all!

Laurel said...

Wow so stunning!

Barb said...

All three are just beautiful, Vanessa!

Agata said...

Great cards, all of them! Love the blue one especially, probably because I love (and covet!) this stamp set!

CinnamonSally said...

Beautiful cards Vanessa, the middle one is my favourite so pretty in the pinks and browns!!

Karen B. said...

Oh my, these are simply stunning. I am loving the blue damask card the best.

Alice said...

gorgeous cards, Vanessa! very sweet butterfly card and i adore the blue one, just beautiful!!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wonderful set of cards, really love the butterflies in chocolate and pink!!

stampingandstitching said...

These are all gorgeous Vanessa! The first card is so dramatic and I love that butterfly. You are brilliant at the colour layering!

Irena said...

Your cards are stunning. I love them.

Peet said...

These are all stunning, Vanessa!!!

Ann said...

Oooh, these are all lovely! You are so talented!

Dawn T said...

Fantastic cards Vanessa. Just love the middle butterfly one. I'll be casing that one for sure!!!! Uses fav stamps of mine too.

slbt17 said...

very nice!
Sandra

Anita Rex said...

WOW! Love your cards! I didn't have time to try the color layer technique but seeing your cards makes me want to soon! :> My fav is the pink and brown butterfly, works so well with the writing stamp!

Anonymous said...

Wow Vanessa!! All three cards are gorgeous! I love the colour layering technique but your cards make me like it even more! :)

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW Vanessa drei megageniale Karten, sssssoooo schön *schwärm*

Herzliche Grüße
und ein wunderschönes sonniges Wochenende
wünscht Dir
Anke

donna mikasa said...

Oh my! Each one is more gorgeous than the next! I love your color layering!

Chris said...

Beautiful cards, Vanessa. I think the blue one is my favourite too. It looks so elegnt and could be used for so many occasions.

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

farmhouse-story said...

just beautiful--you do a gorgeous job with the color layering:)-love the pink and brown card!

farmhouse-story said...

just beautiful--you do a gorgeous job with the color layering:)-love the pink and brown card!

ivy said...

so pretty!

Sanne said...

Fantastic cards Vanessa. Each one is so unique - love them!!!!

Cindy Lee said...

Wow! These are beauties!! I love love your color layering card! It's so gorgeous!!

Suzanne C said...

Stunning cards! Elegant and beautiful. Love the damask overlays.

Tomo H. said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards, Vanessa!
I so adore the blue one at the bottom. The color layering is so beautiful!, and love how you put one gorgeous embelishment on this design, too.