6/25/2011

Papertrey Ink June Blog Hop Challenge

Hi again! I am back with a card for today's



Ok. First I thought "Easy!". Then it took me hours to come up with a (not so satisfying) card inspired by this:



I struggled so much! I wanted to use all the colors, but couldn't make them work. Then I wanted to include some tulle - but you'll see that you can almost NOT see it. Well, I didn't want to give up after spending so much time on this and ended up reducing the colors to the pinks/reds and using the striped design:


I trimmed the patterned paper strips regarding the pattern to not interrupt it. Oh, and the tulle is on top - that ruffled border.
Phew. Not easy. Really can't wait to see what creative people made of this inspiration photo!

Happy hopping and thanks for visiting!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Supplies:
Everything Papertrey Ink, except for
Ink: Tsukineko
Embossing Powder, Tulle

15 comments:

Elena said...

it was tough, wasn't it! I scrapped my first few attempts :) I absolutely love the tulle... what a sweet accent!

Debra said...

Pinks and purples are my very fave colors along with flowers...love this card! I'm especially impressed that all of your flowers line up. I'm sooo not particular that way..lol.

Barb said...

It turned out beautifully, Vanessa! I love it!

Marge said...

GORGEOUS -- amazing how you lined up your patterns!!!

Kara said...

so pretty...love your blog header photo, but i think i told you that once before ;) just gorgoeus!!

Lisa Elton said...

Vanessa this is just lovely...very soft and delicate!

Anne B said...

Love the 'reduced' gradient and the little tulle strip (and what a clever idea to make the pattern continue throughout) :)

Pam W. said...

Well, it certainly doesn't look as though you struggled. This is lovely. You matched up the pattern of the paper perfectly. Great job!

Suzanne said...

Beautiful card, Vanessa!

Deanna said...

So pretty!

Ravengirl said...

I think this is lovely. I really like how you kept the pattern intact over each color change!

Joyce said...

Love the colors and simplicity of your card.

Dawn T said...

Lovely colours Vanessa. Your cutting of the PP is perfect. It all runs together

Anonymous said...

I love these colours Vanessa! Such a gorgeous card!

Alice said...

i love the tulle detail! this is beautiful, Vanessa!