9/13/2011

Skipping Stones Design Sketch Challenge 93 Blog Hop

Happy Tuesday and welcome to the Skipping Stones Design Sketch Challenge 93 and the release of Holiday Cats! If you just came from Nicole's blog, you are in the right place. If you just happened along my blog today, start at the beginning of the hop at Skipping Stones Design. The entire hop order is there and you can hop from blog to blog with ease.


Be sure to hop along and leave comments on all the fabulous designers’ blogs!

Now let's get to my card! The new Holiday Cats set is really fun! I used the adorable cat in the pumpkin here:



I colored the cat with colored pencils and paper-pieced the pumpkin from Pink Paislee patterned paper. Here is a close-up of the cat:










I hope you like it!


Now, head over to Stephanie's blog for some more Skipping Stones Design inspiration!


Thanks for visiting and have a beautiful day!


Hugs and Love,


Vanessa


Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI
Patterned Paper: Pink Paislee
Stamps: Skipping Stones Design
Ink: Tsukineko
Pencils: Faber Castell
Other: ribbon, black marker

27 comments:

Jingle said...

I love this! The papers are just fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Vanessa, I love the colours!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Whaty a beautiful Halloween card in traditional colors. I like the paper piecing on your pumpkin very much.

Shannan Teubner said...

Ooooh that Pink Paislee paper is YUMMY! I love your creative take on the sketch...so cute!

Stephanie said...

I simply love your card!!! That ribbon hanging off the side totally draws your eye to that adorable kitty!

Annemieke said...

Soo cute!! Love the stamp.
Annemieke

Annemieke said...

Soo cute!! Love the stamp.
Annemieke

Dotty Jo said...

This is great - such fun! Love your new profile notes too, really made me smile as my hubby is forever brushing glitter off my face, Jo x

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

this is REALLY cute!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very pretty!!

Lindsay said...

Love this card Vanessa! Fun patterned paper and LO!

Katie Gehring said...

Love your patterned paper choices and the whole card is totally adorable!

sammi said...

Absolutely fabulous! Love the mix of papers you chose and the paper piecing on the pumpkin is an awesome touch! Love Love Love this!

Karen B. said...

Ooh, great paper piecing, and I love that pop of orange in the nose too!

Diana said...

Wow, what a fun car! Always love coming for a visit!

Cristina said...

Too cute, Vanessa. And a total stroke of genius to use the ribbon like that to mimic the sketch.

Unknown said...

love your coloring & the paper pieced pumpking is adorable!

Wendy said...

Great job Vanessa! I love the paper piecing! Fabulous job! I hope your having a good week!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Adorable! The pumpkin is too cute!

Dawn T said...

Adorable card Vanessa.

Amy Sheffer said...

Adorable! Love the paper pieced pumpkin! Awesome take on the sketch -- especially the ribbon tails!

Taylor said...

this is wonderful!

sherrye said...

Love your card especially the image that you used.

Indy's Designs said...

I love your orange skull and cross bone paper and how you paper-pieced your pumpkin. Too stinkin' cute!

Anonymous said...

Those papers are perfect and I love the ribbon for the two layers, great idea!

Anonymous said...

Super Sweet!
Karen C

Alice said...

too cute! lovely halloween card!