3/24/2016

One Card for Two Challenges

Hi everyone! Today I have a fun card for two challenges. I enjoyed playing with new stamps, using various techniques.


First, I created my background. I started with a panel of white cardstock and, using a stencil, applied ink with an ink blending tool. To soften the colors, I adhered a panel of vellum over the inked panel. Now I stamped and heat-embossed the sentiment using silver embossing powder and adhered the panel to a silver card base. Then I stamped and colored the girl and the ice-cream, die-cut them with the matching dies and adhered them with foam tape. Finally, I finished the card off with sequins.


Fun and summery, don't you think? Can't wait for the weather to get better :) And I would totally wear these roller skates...

This card was made for two Simon Says Stamp Challenges. The SSS Wednesday Challenge Come Rain or Shine and the SSS Flickr Challenge Anything Goes.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Vanessa

   
   
   

5 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Lovely cards. And very apropos for spring :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Virginia L. said...

My goodness... this is SWEETNESS overload! Love love love the background that you created, Vanessa! The cute images is so fabulously colored! Danke für deine Teilnahme bei Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Come Rain or Shine” Challenge!

Suchi said...

ADORABLE!!!! :)
Suchi xx

Shirley said...

Very lovely card...really like the background.