3/24/2017

Aloha {Paper-Piecing Mini Tutorial}

Hi everybody! I played around with my stamps and made a card for another MFT Sketch Challenge.


Someone recently asked me how to do paper-piecing, so I took step-by-step pictures for a mini tutorial. Here is the finished card:


And here is the tutorial:


1. I stamped the penguin image onto white cardstock and onto patterned paper
2. Now I colored the image with Copics and fussy-cut the shorts from the patterned paper. For more depth, I added shadows to the shorts
3. Then I adhered the shorts to the penguin and
4. adhered the image to my card with foam tape.


I'll also enter this to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Use more than one die or punch, because I used at least three: the square, for adding the clouds with my ink blending tool and the hill the penguin is standing on.

Happy weekend everyone!

Vanessa

MFT supplies:

4 comments:

SD said...

So cute!

Nora Noll said...

This is ADORABLE!!! I LOVE your fun layering!!

Gayatri said...

ADORABLE card, Vanessa! Paper piecing is makes the penguin cuter. I love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Gayatri xx

Mary-Anne V said...

Very cute...love the hanging ALOHA sign and the paper pieced swimsuit.