1/10/2010

Kreativ Blogger Award - long and boring ;)

Happy Sunday! I received an award from three of my sweet blogworld friends: Anita, Sanne and Sally. Thank you so much ladies!


There are rules attached to this one again. They are as follows:

1. Copy the award to your blog.

2. Link to the person who gave you the award.

3. Identify 7 interesting facts about yourself.

4. Choose seven other bloggers to pass this award on to.

5. Link to their blogs.

6. Leave them a comment to let them know about this award

So it is another award where I have to tell you 7 interesting facts about me! I really had to think about that for a while, there are no interesting facts about me and I already told you about a dozen not too boring facts... But here we go:

1. I did a lot of sports in my life. I started with gymnastics, then ballet, track and field (did that one for years and went to athletic contests every weekend), basketball (loved that one best, but got ligament ruptures two times and my Dad suggested it would be better to stop it) and as a grown up I practiced Traditional Shaolin Kung Fu (until I got pregnant)

2. I have curls. Lots of curls. I always loved them but always wanted to know how it feels like to have straight hair. Two years ago my coiffeur straightened my hair for the first time in my life - what a feeling!! Since then I do straighten them for special occasions - and realized that I only have photos of me with straight hair now, because I only get photos taken of me on special occasions :)

3. I love reading children`s books. Some of my favourites are: Anne of Green Gables, The Secret Garden, Matilda, The Big Friendly Giant

4. I am not able to keep anything in order. My crafting space is a mess. My documents are a mess. My wardrobe is a mess. My first intention every new year is getting better at it. It`s not working. I guess I have to live by Einstein`s rule...

5. I am afraid of the dentist. Although I never really had caries (or only a tiny bit) I am always afraid when I have to go to check.

6. When I was about 9 years old I startet getting spots all over my face and my back. When I was 13 years old braces were added to that. I was ugly and it really shaped me. Fortunately the braces were gone a year later and the spots were gone when I started taking the pill.

7. A fact I share with most of my crafting friends - I am a hoarder of supplies! Paper, stamps, flowers, buttons - have I mentioned paper??? I will have a give-away soon to not feel too bad about that fact!

If you made it through this post - thank you for your patience! If you weren`t given this award yet, feel free to grab it! Soo many of you already got it, so I wouldn`t know who to choose!

I have a card to share, but the light isn`t good enough to take a photo. I might be back later!
Thanks for visiting!

Hugs,
Vanessa


22 comments:

Pajalu said...

Hi Vanessa, what a great blog entry. It's always fun to read more about each other ;) xoxoxo

Vicki said...

Hi Vanessa, it's so much fun to read about other people and I take my hat off to you for being so honest! :)

Take care
Vicki x

CinnamonSally said...

Hi Vanessa, I too love to read about my blogging friends and these awards give us a chance to share a few interesting facts!

Dotty Jo said...

Always interesting to read about blog friends! I can sympathise with the spots, mine were all down to hormones too! Jo x

Aimes said...

How similar we are! I too am petrified of the Dentist, am a messy crafter and had/have spots on my back! The pill really helped but had to come off it now :o(
Congrats on the award!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Deirdre said...

Hey Vanessa, great to learn more about you. Thanks for sharing. Bad light here too today but going to try and post anyways...! D

Anita Rex said...

Vanessa your so interesting! I loved reading about you! I amso surprised that you have curly hair! I want to see a photo! :> How cool is it that you played lost of sports!:>

Dawn T said...

Vanessa... so great to get to know a bit more about you.... I am struggling to come up with 7 things of interest about myself. I think you managed to be very interesting....

Jane said...

You're adorable.......and funny!

Suzanne C said...

Great facts and love hearing about everyone!

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Just stopping in to say Hi, Vanessa! Neat fun facts!

Alice said...

you are so cute, Vanessa! Anne of Green Gables is one of my all time favorites, too!! Love reading those fun facts about you! =)

Laura.K said...

Wow.
I have been carefully reading this post.
I love to read about other people life.

Thanks for sharing.

NinaB said...

This is so fun to read about you, Vanessa. One thing I'm curious about is...are you Italian or Italian-American?

Diana said...

Loved reading about YOU. Thanks for sharing!

Jessica said...

Great facts, Vanessa!! You are so sporty. Thanks for sharing.

Lin said...

Vanessa, it was fun reading about you! I love children's books, too, and some of yours are some of my favorites!! And I think we are ALL hoarders! This was a fun post!

Deborah said...

Vanessa, Thanks for sharing! Have you read Mandy by Julie Edwards? (That's the pen name of singer/actress Julie Andrews, btw.) I loved that book as a child, so you might enjoy it, too!

Winter said...

Great to get to know you! :)

Shalini said...

Hey, congrats for the award!!!

Stamping Cafe said...

Oh I love reading about you, Vanessa! We have some similar stuff...heehee! I love your beautiful straight hair style, but if I can have your curls I won't need to straighten mine everyday! :)

Kelley Eubanks said...

Love reading facts about you! I am a sports girl too!! My whole life until after college! I miss it!! I need the exercise but my body feels like it is 30 years older than it is because of years of sports damage! :)