6/08/2014

A Cute Robot

Hello from hot, sunny Germany with a cute robot card. I am waiting for my longingly awaited Sherlock series to continue tonight, so I thought I'd write a post to distract myself a bit. One hour to go before The Sign of Three is being aired here. But enough of this, here comes another card for the current Simon Says Wednesday Challenge (masculine) and the Lawnscaping Challenge #83.



A robot birthday card:


I used the adorable set Beep Boop Birthday for this. First, I stamped various images and sentiments onto my background and distressed the edges with Distress Ink and the mini ink blending tool. Then I stamped my focal image, the string and the sentiment. Mr Robot was stamped onto white cardstock and colored with copics. Then I fussy-cut him and adhered parts of him with foam tape. He got a bit of shine with Wink of Stella. Then I stamped and heat-embossed my balloon thrice, using clear embossing powder. It was cut out and adhered with foam tape, too.
The metallic dots from Hero Arts dressed the little robot up perfectly:


I hope you like Mr Robot as much as I do! I can't help but sing the song in my head: "domo arigato, mr roboto" every time I see him :o)
Thanks for visiting!

Vanessa

P.S. Haha, auto-correction changed "Copics" into "colics". It's good I read this post twice. Mixed media, ugh!

supplies:
Lawn Fawn Beep Boop Birthday - Ranger Distress Ink, Ink Blending Tool - Hero Arts metallic dots - Copics - Tsukineko ink - Wink of Stella

11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is sooooooooo fun! LOVING the robot and the square balloon!!!!

Lin said...

Are you a Sherlock fan, too??!! LOOOVE that show, and it's SO hard to wait until the next series will appear again! Just keeps getting better and better!
Your card is darling, Vanessa, love that square baloon and the background stamping! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Jennifer said...

Super cute robot card! Love his shiny red balloon too. I also love me some Sherlock! What an awesome show....wish they would do more than 3 episodes a season.

Dawn T said...

a very cute card Vanessa.

Nikki said...

This is so cute Vanessa! I'm waiting for my robot stamps to arrive...can't wait to play! :)

SonjaK said...

Hallo Vanessa,
der Roboter ist total süß. V.a. den passende Roboballon in Quadratform finde ich wunderbar. Sherlock finde ich auch ganz wunderbar. Ich bin erst gerstern Abend dazu gekommen die erste Folge der neuen Staffel zu sehen, also kann ich mich heute noch auf Folge 2 freuen. Mal sehen ob ich die dritte dann direkt hinterhergucke oder mir für morgen aufspare :)
LG Sonja

Diane Jaquay said...

Awww, how sweet is this!! Love the cute robot (and robot background!), and the shiny red balloon!!

Carol McCready said...

Very cute card.

maria f. said...

Adorable. Love your BG too.

Marlene Bonetti said...

Deine Robo-Karte ist wahnsinnig süss! Da passt einfach alles perfekt zusammen :-)

Viele Grüsse

Karin Åkesdotter said...

This is Amazing! Such a super great bg design too! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping, hugs, Karin