4/11/2017

Raised Focal Point

Hi there! I made another card for the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Happy Birthday. This time I used cute MFT Stamps and a simple technique to draw the eye to the focal point.


I started with a panel of white cardstock that I had trimmed slightly smaller than the card base. Now I masked off a hill and applied Distress Inks with an ink blending tool to create grass and the sky. I flicked tiny water droplets from a brush and let it dry. Then I die-cut the rectangle from the center of the panel and adhered the panel to the card. I stamped the sentiment and adhered the clouds, that I had stamped and die-cut. Next, I die-cut the rectangle from fun foam, layered it with the piece from the panel and adhered them. Finally, I stamped the dog, colored it with Copics, die-cut it with the matching dies and adhered it.


A fun and easy way to enhance the focal point, don't you think?

Thanks for stopping by!

Vanessa

2 comments:

Skye said...

A very cute card. Great design and lovely colouring

Melissa Bove said...

Fabulous card! Such a sweet image and wonderful design! Love it!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa