9/18/2020

MFT 2020 Card Design Superstar Contest: Innovation Master

 Hey my lovely friends! I am back with my last entry to the MFT 2020 Card Design Superstar Contest. This is my take on the Innovation Master category. I had such fun creating this! As always when creating with my beloved MFT supplies :)

This project requires some more photos, so here we go:


I created a matchbox pop-up card. The base was trimmed from white cardstock, I first designed it on a piece of paper, thought about the measurements I wanted to have and used a scoring board for making this. Before assembling the box, I inked the pieces with Dried Marigold Distress Oxide ink. For the panel on the front of my box, I used the Micro Cloud Edges Stencil with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink. The grass is die-cut using the Outside the Box Grass Die-namics. The images from BB Adorable Adventures are all colored with Copic markers and fussy-cut. 


On the inside, I used the same grass die-namics and just trimmed off the edges. To the backs of the grass edges, I adhered folded strips from thick acetate to make the edges move when opening and closing the box.


This fun little girl makes me smile! Here comes a compilation of the card:


And I made a video to show this in action:


I hope you like my fun matchbox card! Thank you so much for visiting and have a beautiful day/weekend!

2 comments:

Neet said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colouring for starters and the figures are such fun but I really love the layout you have done. I have never seen a card like this before - what fun. I would love to know how to make one.
Hugs, Neet xx

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

OH MY GOSH!! This is just too stinkin’ fun and clever for words! Absolutely brilliant!!