9/23/2018

A Birthday Slider Card

Happy Weekend! Today I have another interactive card to share. I can't stop making fall themed cards, the colors are so appealing! This one is for the MFT Birthday Project Challenge - Birthday Surprise.


I had a slider die in my stash, but wanted to determine myself how far it slides open, so I cut it out without a die. After I had constructed the white base rectangle, I cut out a matching piece for the front that extended into the tab to pull the slider. I inked the front pieces with an ink blending tool and added droplets of water. After I had die-cut the Die-namics Rolling Hills from the grass part, I assembled the card.


Now I inked a piece of white cardstock with red and orange colors and die-cut the Die-namics Trees in the Forest from it. I adhered the trees with a strong clear glue behind the fence.
Then I stamped all my images from the BB Fall Friends set, colored them with Copics and fussy-cut them. I adhered the girl with the leaves to the front and the cute quirrels to the inside for the surprise.


Finally, I stamped and heat-embossed the sentiment from Anything-but-Basic Birthday Wishes.


Here is a little video to see the card in action. Sorry for the bad lighting!


Have a great day and thanks for visiting!

Vanessa

Supplies:

2 comments:

Megan said...

The squirrels hiding under the sliding panel is so cute! Beautiful card!

Kentucky Daisy said...

WOW!!! What a great card!!! It was terrific even before I saw how it opens up, but with this surprise design element takes the card to a whole new level of amazing!!! Love it!!!