9/21/2018

A Watercolor Card Set

Hi there! A friend of mine likes to give cards without a sentiment on the outside. Because I usually add sentiments to the front, I decided to make her a set of cards matching this criteria for her birthday.

Here comes a watercolor card set with a bit of bling (so it fits the current SSS Wednesday Challenge: Bling it on):


I trimmed three panels from watercolor paper slightly smaller than the card bases and stamped the images from the new MFT set Wildflowers with waterproof ink. Then I colored everything with Peerless Watercolors, added ink droplets and little details with a white gel pen. After I had adhered the panels to the cards, I added sequins for a bit of bling.


A stamping tool makes it so easy to create a set of similar cards. I wanted to make a set of five, but ran out of time!


This clear stamp packaging I had kept is perfect to hold the set and the envelopes. I only added a strip of patterned paper to one side and my little gift was finished.


I hope she will like this! Thank you for stopping by today :)

Vanessa

Supplies:
MFT Wildflowers
Peerless Watercolors
Waterproof Ink
Sequins 
White Gel Pen

1 comment:

Misty Elam said...

These are gorgeous!! I love the vibrant colors and the layout. I love having white space on a design like this. Thanks for joining us this week for the Bling It On challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Misty