7/17/2019

Camp Create: Wonderful Watercolor

I am back again with another card for MFT Camp Create. This one's for Day 1: Wonderful Watercolor.

And because I created my own background, I can enter this to this week's SSSW Challenge, too.

My new favorite medium for watercoloring is Distress Oxide ink. Here is what I came up with:


I taped a panel of watercolor paper to my working surface and, using the Ray of Light Stencil, applied various Distress Oxide inks with an ink blending tool. Now I used a watertank brush and "colored" over the rays to create this look. After everything was dry, I removed the tape and adhered the panel to my card base.
Then I stamped the images onto white cardstock, colored everything with Copics, die-cut the elements and adhered them to the card with foam tape.
After I had stamped and heat-embossed the sentiment onto a strip of black cardstock, I trimmed the strip and adhered it. Finally, I added matching rainbow sequins.


Can't get enough of these inks with water :)

Have a wonderful day everybody, thanks for stopping by!

Vanessa

MFT Supplies:
Spectacular Birthday
Die-namics Spectacular Birthday
Ray of Light Stencil

2 comments:

Nora Noll said...

That background is so FUN!!! I love the bright colors-it goes so well with the fun images!!!

Karen said...

I love both of these cards. Thank you for sharing