9/21/2019

MFT 2019 Card Design Superstar: Clean & Simple Genius

Hello to you! It is time for my all-time favorite challenge of the year, the MFT Card Design Superstar Contest. I can't help but enter every year and I had so many ideas, had ordered some stamps for these about two weeks ago here in Europe, but they just won't arrive. Now I had to rethink everything I had planned and made cards with supplies I had at hand. Here comes the first one, the entry for the Clean & Simple Genius category:


I first masked off stripes on the bottom part of the cardstock panel and applied Distress Oxide Inks with an ink blending tool. Then I stamped the sentiment from the SY Tweet Friends set and adhered the panel to a soft lavender card base. Now I stamped the owl from SY Warm & Feathered Hugs onto white cardstock, colored it with Copics, fussy-cut the image and adhered it to the card with foam tape. Finally, I added tiny heart sequins and colored sequins.


This cute owl warms my heart! It looks like how I imagined the tiny Pigwidgeon from Harry Potter :)

Have a wonderful day! Thanks for stopping by!

Vanessa

MFT Supplies:
SY Tweet Friends
SY Warm & Feathered Hugs

No comments: